Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The CIA's Fight With Obama

From Real Clear Politics:

Has Barack Obama made an enemy who can sabotage his presidency?

The presidency of George W. Bush began to unravel when some in high positions at the Central Intelligence Agency began waging a covert campaign against him.

It began in the summer of 2003 when officials at the CIA asked the Justice department to open a criminal investigation into who had disclosed to columnist Robert Novak that Valerie Plame, wife of controversial former diplomat Joseph Wilson, worked at the CIA.

Read more
....

My Comment: I could not care less about the internal politics at the CIA, or what are the philosophical differences between the Government and the Agency. This is normal .... and it is to be expected.

What bothers me is the "personal nature" in the animosity between the CIA and the U.S. Government. This is unprecedented in my life time (and I am an old guy), and I know that there will be blowback because of it.

Even more troubling, is the following money quote from the article (and one that I am in agreement with) ....

"All of us in our little community are worried -- us, our friends in Berlin, London, Tel Aviv," the DGSE officer told Jack. "It is not like the barbarians at the gates. It is every barbarian horde in the world being told there are no gates."

No comments:

Post a Comment