Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Problem Of Guantanamo Bay Returns To Haunt Barack Obama


From The Australian:

BARACK Obama is on the verge of breaking two key campaign promises in his troubled attempt to shut Guantanamo Bay, with plans to revive the military tribunal system set up by George W. Bush and to continue the indefinite detention of up to 100 inmates.
The moves, which have not yet been signed off by the US President but look increasingly likely, are a result of his promise on his second day in office to shut the Guantánamo Bay prison within a year.

Since then, officials charged with working out how to shut down the prison concede that up to 100 of the 241 detainees remaining are either too dangerous to release or cannot be tried in a military or civilian court.

Read more ....

My Comment: A few months ago I said that give it time .... I will be telling everyone "I told you so".

Cough .... cough .... "I told you so".

No comments:

Post a Comment