Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Years As An Iraq War Reporter

Deborah Haynes gets a friendly soaking from a US pilot
after landing in the Green Zone in Baghdad.


From Times Online:

The bundle of $3,000 felt uncomfortable stuffed into my knickers, but I had been advised to stash it there in case my taxi was hijacked during the road trip to Baghdad from Amman. Thankfully, the 11 hours passed uneventfully, apart from a moment of fear as we drove close to Fallujah. It was 2004, and already the city was feared by foreigners. My driver, a Palestinian man, told me to lie down so as not to be seen. Heart-pounding, I pushed the passenger seat right back and lay still until the all-clear. A few weeks later insurgents ambushed, beat and burnt to death four private security guards in Fallujah. Their bodies were strung from a bridge.

Read more ....

My Comment: This is a fascinating read. I recommend this story highly.

No comments:

Post a Comment