Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bin Laden Was Clueless About Sept. 11 Retaliation

Bin Laden Had 'No Clue' About Sept. 11 Retaliation -- WTOP

WASHINGTON - Osama bin Laden had no idea the U.S. would hit al-Qaida as hard as it has since the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, a former bin Laden associate tells WTOP in an exclusive interview.

"I'm 100 percent sure they had no clue about what was going to happen," says Noman Benotman, who was head of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group in the summer of 2000.

"What happened after the 11th of September was beyond their imagination, " says Benotman, who adds that al-Qaida thought the U.S. was a "paper tiger."

Read more ....

My Comment: When 9/11/ was happening, I woke up my brother in San Francisco telling him that the U.S. was at war, and it was probably going to be a long term conflict. If I figured all of this out within 15 minutes .... I am sure Bin Laden also appreciated the consequences of his actions .... the U.S. being a paper tiger or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment