Friday, August 28, 2009

WNU Editor: Blogging Will Be Light This Weekend

WNU Editor: Blogging will be light this weekend. I have been working non-stop for the past year, and my work, writing, and blogging is suffering because of it.

This is not a good time to be tired. American policy in Afghanistan is off the rails, and comments from President Obama, Chairman Mullen, and Sec. of Def. Gates .... their comments are not making me feel comfortable with where U.S. military strategy and policy is going. In fact .... I do not even know what the policy is right now and I am in the loop.

What I do see is an administration that is disorganized and unprepared to fight the fight. That policy and strategy is dictated by politics and/or constructed to appease political groups or bases. When expected results do not appear, panic results and we have the situation that we have today .... August deadliest month for US in Afghanistan.

I have more to say .... much more .... but I am running on fumes now .... and I need to take a break this weekend.

Afghanistan News Updates will be updated every morning at 9:00 AM EST, and many other posts have already been put into the library to be posted at different time intervals this weekend. There will always be something new to be read and enjoyed.

For myself .... I am taking some time to be with my main squeeze (if she still accepts me). She has been giving me grief for the past month .... time to make it up to her. As for the Johnnie Walker Blue picture in the corner .... hehehehe .... I definitely do need a drink.

See you guys Monday morning .... my head and thinking will be more clearer by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment