Sunday, August 30, 2009

British Soldiers Banned From Using Live Ammunition During Training


From Times Online:

British soldiers are being forced to train with blanks rather than live rounds to save money.

The entire Territorial Army (TA) and a number of nonfrontline regular army units will be affected by the ban on the use of real bullets in personal weapons, according to defence sources.

Soldiers bound for Afghanistan will be spared the restrictions, but even they will start training with live rounds only in the last three months before departure. Those learning to shoot as part of basic training will also be allowed to use real bullets.

Read more ....

My Comment: I had to read this story twice to actually believe what I was reading. My first impression was that this is penny pinching of the worse kind. But when I thought about it, I then realized that this is the tip of the iceberg. I am sure that there are cutbacks in everything from toilet paper, toothpaste, clothes, food, armor, spare parts, motar runs, missiles, batteries, .... you get the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment