Monday, November 19, 2012

A Psychiatrist Ponders Ex-General Petraeus’ Fall

Photo: Thomas Dworzak / Magnum for TIME


An Ex-Army Shrink Ponders Ex-General Petraeus’ Fall -- Elspeth Cameron Ritchie, Time

I spent nearly a quarter-century in the Army, serving with David Petraeus. No, I didn’t know him, but like every retired female Army officer I have heard the question repeatedly over the past week: what do I think of the whole debacle?

Bottom line: I am not sure. I have as many questions as answers.

Of course, there are plenty of journalists who are opining, many of whom knew him personally. Although I didn’t – and only heard him speak once, at a graduation at the now-closed Walter Reed Army Medical Center – I’ve tried to put my thoughts into perspective.

Read more ....

My Comment:
I completely concur with the last sentence in Elspeth Cameron Ritchie's post ....

... Finally, as a psychiatrist, I shrug. I have seen much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment