Monday, October 15, 2012

U.S. Secretary Of State Clinton: 'I Take Responsibility' For Security Ahead Of Benghazi Attack

 

Clinton: 'I Take Responsibility' For Security Ahead Of Benghazi Attack -- CNN 

Lima, Peru (CNN) -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the buck stops with her when it comes to who is to blame for security ahead of a deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya. "I take responsibility" for what happened on September 11, Clinton said in an interview with CNN's Elise Labott soon after arriving in Lima, Peru, for a visit. The interview, one of a series given to U.S. television networks Monday night, was the first she has given about the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. Clinton insisted President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are not involved in security decisions. "I want to avoid some kind of political gotcha," she added, noting that it is close to the election.

 Read more ....  

My Comment: After almost 5 weeks of contradictions and misinformation .... I am finally hearing someone in the U.S. government taking responsibility for this fiasco. There is still many questions that need to be answered, but this is a start. Unfortunately she .... and I am also including President Obama in this mix ....  should have done this weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment