Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Panetta Doctrine?



The Panetta Doctrine -- Jonah Goldberg, NRO

The secretary of defense in his best grown-up voice says:

“(The) basic principle is that you don’t deploy forces into harm’s way without knowing what’s going on; without having some real-time information about what’s taking place,” Panetta told Pentagon reporters. “And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation.”

It seems obvious that Panetta is trying protect Obama from responsibility for the administration’s Benghazi response. I don’t think that works. The decision to outsource the call is still a presidential decision.

Read more
....

Update #1: 'The Panetta Doctrine?' Americans on their own if attacked -- Rick Moran, American Thinker
Update #2: Former Delta Operator on "The Panetta Doctrine" or also known as "The Dumbest Shit I Ever Heard!" -- Black Five

My Comment: When I heard the above remarks I also rolled my eyes .... but this is what happens when you have a leadership that is risk- averse mindset and who are afraid of repeating a disaster like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment