Thursday, February 25, 2010

How To Prevent A Terrorist Attack Against Your Embassy. Build A Moat

A rendering of the new mega-expensive, high security U.S. embassy in London

New $1B U.S. Embassy In London Will Feature A Moat To Prevent Terrorist Attacks -- New York Daily News

A Philadelphia-based architectural firm was chosen to design a new $1-billion embassy across the pond - and it includes a moat.

Local residents had complained about the security barriers outside the current embassy in the Mayfair district, so the new building will include a 100-foot wide reflecting pond that also serves as a barricade.

Read more ....

My Comment: When I first heard of this story I choked. $1 billion for a new embassy is rather nuts.

But the idea of having a moat .... the more I think about it the more I realize that it is actually a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment