Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Were The Original Reports On Waterboarding Exagerrated And/Or Not True?

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed

Despite Reports, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed Was Not Waterboarded 183 Times -- FOX News

The number of times Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was waterboarded was the focus of major media attention -- and highly misleading.

The New York Times reported last week that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the alleged mastermind of the Sept. 11 terror attacks, was waterboarded 183 times in one month by CIA interrogators. The "183 times" was widely circulated by news outlets throughout the world.

It was shocking. And it was highly misleading. The number is a vast inflation, according to information from a U.S. official and the testimony of the terrorists themselves.

Read more ....

My Comment: If this story is true .... and there is enough smoke out there to make me believe that there is truth to this story .... the New York Times has twisted this story to fit into what they believe the narrative should be.

Sigh .... no wonder the New York Times is losing readers. Inconsistencies for the "paper of record" is becoming persistent and continuous. For myself, I have been a reader of the New York Times for almost 30 years. When I was young I believed in it without question. Today .... I am completely skeptical on the stories that they publish, and I scoff at them for the stories that they should publish .... but which they do not.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment