Tuesday, April 28, 2009

No-Tech North Korea Won’t Attack The Super-Tech South


From Danger Room:

SEOUL, South Korea — With North Korea’s recent missile launch and its threats to re-start the nuclear reactors at Yongbyon, it’s worth asking: what is the prospect of all-out war? Surprisingly, after a recent trip to South Korea and a tour of the Demilitarized Zone, I’m not really worried about the big one happening in the “Land of the Morning Calm.” Here’s why.

I was recently in Korea and signed myself up for the DMZ tour. I joked with my group: “I figured that I’d better sign up for the trip. Next time we’re here there might not be a DMZ.” It was an early morning jaunt. As our bus lumbered North through Seoul, I was again struck by how ultra-modern and busy this city of 23 million is. Glass and steel hi-rises stretch as far as you can see. Many of them are topped with the corporate logos of the world’s biggest companies. Which make senses, of course, given that it’s the world’s 16th largest economy, according to the CIA.

Read more ....

My Comment: As we learned in the U.S. invasion of Iraq .... a 20th century military is no match for a 21rst century military. If the North Koran's decide to initiate hostilities, they will cause a great deal of damage, but they will be annihilated with the modern arsenal that South Korea has.

No comments:

Post a Comment