Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Film By (And On) Marines Who Served In Afghanistan That Deserves Your Support

Removed From Reality: Afghanistan and Back - Trailer 1 from Owen Morris on Vimeo.

Removed From Reality: Afghanistan and Back

The highly personal story of one full tour of duty in southern Afghanistan shot and edited by the Marines who fought on the front lines.

My Story

In 2009, my 6 years of Marine Corps service were coming to an end. I
was getting ready to head back to school when I got word the Marine
Corps would be keeping me past the end of my contracted commitment date
for one last deployment - to Southern Afghanistan.

Since 2003, I’d been studying film and working while serving in the
Marine Reserves. I’d done one tour of duty - to Djibouti, Africa -
and was really looking forward to getting on with my degree, but the
proverbial "big green weenie" had other ideas. I had no choice, so
resolved to make the best of the situation. My peers and I decided to
film our experience and tell our story, whatever it might turn out to
be, from our point of view- no press, no media, no rank... just us.

Read more
....

My Comment: I hope they can raise the $20,000 to complete their film.

No comments:

Post a Comment