Monday, December 27, 2010

It's Always About The Money

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. Press TV

WikiLeaks Boss Julian Assange Cashes In On Fame And Signs Autobiography Deals 'Worth £1.1m' -- The Daily Mail

WikiLeaks boss Julian Assange has signed deals for his autobiography worth £1.1million, he said today.

The Australian whistleblower said the money would help him defend himself against allegations of sexual assault made by two women in Sweden.

The 39-year-old claimed to have already spent £200,000 on legal costs.

'I don't want to write this book, but I have to,' he told the Sunday Times. 'I have already spent £200,000 for legal costs and I need to defend myself and to keep WikiLeaks afloat.'

Read more ....

Update: Julian Assange to use £1m book deals for legal fight -- The Guardian

My Comment: I am sure they gave him a hefty advance for the book. On a side note .... I must give Julian Assange credit for being survivor .... he clearly has zero interest to just fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment