Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bad Blood In The MilBlog Community

Calling Out the Blackfive Blog’s Extremist Rhetoric -- War is Boring

Two years ago in D.C., I had drinks with two founding members of Blackfive, a popular conservative military blog. Jim Hanson, who goes by the handle “Uncle Jimbo” at the blog , pitched me his idea for a private, Internet-based intelligence organization that would use young freelance writers as field agents. With their journalism credentials as cover, the writers would gather data for use by U.S. government agencies.

Read more ....

My Comment: I read both blogs on a regular basis .... and I find them both informative and interesting. But talk about bad blood .... shesshhhh. Anyway .... read the comments on David Axe's post, and contribute if you have a valid and interesting point.

As to what is my take .... I have lost count on how many times I have read a blog post that I disagree with. This is normal .... especially when we cover military news as well as wars and conflicts that are strongly influenced by domestic politics. But so what .... that is what we do. Different viewpoints may have a point or two .... and deserve an audience for people to read about. For example, I almost always disagree with American Generalist's political views .... but his post are always well written, informative, and yes .... he does change my viewpoint once in a while .... and yes .... I post him all the time.

Black-Five can be found here.

War Is Boring can be found here.

Update: Michael Yon gets his licks into Blackfive.

No comments:

Post a Comment