Saturday, April 28, 2012

Vice President Biden's "Image Of A Military Commander"



Biden: ‘My Image Of The Military Commander' Was 'Slim Pickens... On The Back Of An Atom Bomb' 'Yelling Yippee-Ki-Yay' -- CNS News


Vice President Joe Biden said that when he was first elected to the U.S. Senate back in 1972, his view of U.S. military commanders was epitomized by actor Slim Pickens in the movie “Dr. Strangelove,” riding an atomic bomb like a cowboy and “yelling yippee-ki-yay!”

In a speech focusing on foreign policy, delivered at New York University on Thursday, Biden said he ran for the Senate in 1972 “because I thought the policy we had in Vietnam, I didn't argue it as immoral, but I thought it just didn't make sense, the notion of dominoes and so on and so forth."

Read more
....

My Comment: I am glad that he has changed his mind on the military. But what got my attention in this article is that he has been in Washington since 1972!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment