Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Michael Yon Is Having Problems With His Embed

WNU Editor: I am a regular reader of Michael Yon, and I have linked to his articles often. It appears that he has run afoul with some that he is embeded with. Read here and here.

War sometimes brings out the worse in people, which is one reason why coverage and embeds are important to keep the record straight. While I do not know the specifics of what Michael Yon is going through, I do know that getting rid of embeds like Michael Yon will not improve the situation. I hope there is a quick resolution to what he is going through so that he can do what he is good at, which is reporting what is happening on the ground in Afghanistan and other war zones, and that his experience will not discourage others from doing the work that he is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment