Friday, August 10, 2012

Time Magazine Suspends Fareed Zakaria For A Month Over Plagiarism

Fareed Zakaria Suspended From Time Magazine For Plagiarism -- The Telegraph

Fareed Zarakia has been suspended from Time magazine after it was revealed that he had plagiarised another writer's work for one of his articles.

The international columnist and television anchor immediately apologised, saying he had made a "terrible mistake" but was also suspended from CNN, where he presents a weekly show.

Several sections of Mr Zakaria's August 20 column, entitled "The Case for Gun Control", appeared to have been taken from an article Harvard University history professor Jill Lepore published in April in The New Yorker magazine.

Read more ....

My Comment: I must admit I was shocked when I read this story. I have been reading and watching Fareed Zakaria for years. While he is someone that I am almost always disagreeing with, he is also someone that I respect and admire. I have always posted his articles and comments in this blog, and I sincerely hope that CNN will not discharge him from his position nor cancel his show. He made a mistake .... and he has admitted it. Time to move on.

Fareed Zarakia's statement is here.

Update: The knives are out for him. It is going to be difficult for him to recover from this. What a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment